Thursday, November 19, 2015

Type Figures using Adobe InDesign

Type figure 01: 

We were free to use letters and numbers for this figure. I tried to create a clean and organized face but I still wanted to give it some defined characteristics. I used a large C for the outline of the face, four Os for the eyes, and the rest of it (the eyelashes, mouth and makeup) were made up of Js. It was hard to edit the space between the letters because I would lose where and how they were layered. It came to the point where I had to redo the whole thing like a puzzle.













Type figure 02: 

This figure had to be a sentence where the letter forms had to be related to the concept. To do this I tried to make the word "falling" look like it was falling and the word "apart" as if it had been torn apart.














Type figure 03: 

This figure was a bit tougher to make, I had to create a shape using letters the related to the text and have the text wrap around it. For this figure I wrapped a character's log around the Cancer zodiac sign, which is related to the character. Instead of drawing the zodiac sign, I made it with text. I then layered the sign in front of the wall of text, took away it border and wrapped the text below around it.














Type figure 04: 

This was more of a silly figure than a serious one since it was short and easy. We had to create a sentence with an emoticon.




























Type figure 05: 

Instead of making this figure in InDesign we had to make it in photoshop and then place it on InDesign. Photoshop made it easier to play with the text after we turned the text into raster. This figure had to be manipulated to help communicate the idea of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment