Tuesday, November 3, 2015

personal LOGO

Design Stages: 

Audience: 

My audience for this logo is my professor and my classmates. 

Idea: 

The idea for this piece was to create a black and white image with either my name or my initials to create a personal logo. The logo had to be inspired by Gestalt's idea of an image being worth more than the sum of it's parts. So I had to create something that had to do with an interest of mine and have the image be a sort of optical illusion. My image had to have positive and negative space, and lines that didn't mean but that were filled in by my audience's eyes.

Terse: 

 Even though I came up with a lot of ideas, only a few of them really captured the Gestalt style we were supposed to get. I feel that the final image I chose is simple yet fun, and captures the idea of having my audience finish the image in their heads.

Bottom Line: 

This assignment was a very good way to bring all of what we have learned in Photoshop and Illustrator into one piece. My logo was easy to clean on Photoshop and edit in Illustrator which resulted in a piece that I am very proud in. 

Layout Stages: 

Thumbnails: 

Created 20 different thumbnail sketches

Rough: 



Chose two concepts and redrew them on a 6" by 6" square.

Comprehensive: 

Final design, cleaned up and changed levels in Photoshop, Traced as a black and white logo and smoothed the anchors in Illustrator.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment